Here you will find a small selection of the most frequently asked questions and the corresponding answers.
If you have a question that is not listed here and cannot be answered yourself, please contact us and we will help you. The respective answers can be found in the manual on the pages indicated.
- I bought a used RexXer EVO "User". Can I use the RexXer for my motorbike?
The RexXer User is only intended for 1 motorbike. If you have purchased a used unit, you can send it to us for testing. We will test, for a fee of 39,00 € plus shipping, if the RexXer is locked or operational.
If the device is operational, you can purchase a tuning map (RexX-Promap Art.-No.: ZU-RX010) at a price of 199€ for your motorbike model.
The service fee for unlocking (ZU-RX090) is 159,00 € plus shipping, for this the device must be sent in. If the RexXer also needs and/or a new licence, you have the following options:
Licence package (1 licence* + 1 "RexX-Promap")
ZU-RX010LP / 349,00 €
ZU-RX010L / 199,00 €
*With 1 licence it is possible to edit (flash) 1 motorbike.
- How do I get a RexXer Mapping?
You have several options:
- You have the mapping installed at one of our RexXer Points
- You send us your ECU and we flash it for you. Note: After successful installation of the newly flashed ECU, a TPS reset and a reset of the sensor parameters must be performed using RexXer or a test device that supports these functions!
Here you will find the flash form, please fill it out and send it together with your ECU.
- You are purchasing the RexXer EVO "User". With this device you can flash your ECU yourself and perform the necessary parameter resets yourself.
Flyer RexXer EVO "User"
- How many tuning mappings are included in the RexXer EVO User?
The purchase price of the device includes 1 tuning mapping suitable for your vehicle configuration. For a service fee of 199.00 €/p. (RexX-Promap Art.No.: ZU-RX010) it is possible to purchase further tuning mappings.
- Why does the RexXer have 2 licences? What is meant by that?
With 1 licence, it is possible to edit (flash) 1 vehicle. The 2nd licence can only be used if the original mapping has been successfully restored. If the 2nd licence has also been used, you can purchase further licences (see point 1).
- The display of the RexXer EVO User remains dark after connection to the serial interface cable (OBD) on the vehicle? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 3)
You may not have connected the OBD cable with the red and black crocodile clip correctly (depending on the ECU type) or a flat fuse for the diagnostic connector/inspection connector (OBD) on the vehicle is defective!
- May I connect the RexXer EVO User with the USB cable to the PC/notebook and at the same time with the serial interface cable (OBD) to the vehicle? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 11)
No! You must never connect the RexXer EVO User to your computer/notebook via the USB cable and to the motorbike via the serial interface cable at the same time, as this will cause an overvoltage and damage the RexXer EVO User!
- Is my RexXer EVO User always preloaded with a tuning mapping? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 8 and 12)
No, in most cases the RexXer EVO User is delivered "empty" because, depending on the vehicle model and ECU type, the appropriate tuning mapping cannot always be installed by us in advance.
- Will my original mapping be permanently deleted after flashing the tuning mapping? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 14)
No! The tuning mapping overwrites the original mapping, but due to the previous read-out process, the original mapping remains in the device memory and can be reloaded into the ECU at any time.
- Can I continue to use the RexXer EVO User on another vehicle (e.g. after selling the vehicle)? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - Page 21-22)
The RexXer EVO User is delivered from the factory with 2 licenses.
If the original mapping was previously restored to the ECU where the RexXer EVO User was first used (original mapping read out), it can be completely deleted via the software 1 time and reused.
- Can I still use the RexXer EVO User if all licences have been used up? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 21)
Yes, it is possible to recharge the device with a new licence (subject to a fee! See point 1).
- What do I have to consider after updating my RexXer EVO User? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 15)
The RexXer EVO User "marries" itself to the chassis number (VIN) stored in the engine control unit. This means that it is still able to communicate with the ECU even after an update using a test device or another programming device.
- Can the RexXer EVO User be used simultaneously on another vehicle for service & diagnostic functions? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 18)
Yes, as long as the serial interface cable and the ECU type of the other vehicle are the same! Please note the compatibility of the possible service & diagnostic functions!
- What can I do if the display of my RexXer EVO User does not react or only reacts to very high pressure? - (RexXer EVO "User" Manual - page 10)
Connect the RexXer EVO User to your vehicle and select Settings in the main menu. In the submenu, select Calibration and follow the further menu instructions.
Repeat this procedure until it is completed successfully.
It is helpful to use a stylus for calibration.
- Is the RexXer EVO "User" compatible with my vehicle?
Here you will find a list of models compatible with the RexXer EVO "User". Please also check whether a tuning mapping is already available for your model.
- Where can I find performance curves?
Here you can find a gallery with some RexXer performance curves. You are also invited to contact us and we will send you the desired performance curves.
- Can I return the RexXer after I have tested it?
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. However, please note the following:
- You have only unpacked the RexXer but not used it and it is in perfect condition? In this case, you only have to pay the return shipping costs and receive a full refund.
- You have completed the readout process but have not loaded the tuning mapping and the RexXer is in perfect condition? You have used the licence in this case and the licence must be reloaded accordingly. In this particular case, you will receive a refund for the purchase price minus 199.00 € for the licence.
- The tuning mapping is on your motorbike and the RexXer is in flawless condition? If this is the case, the RexXer has to be unlocked and a licence has to be reloaded for a fee. In this case, you will receive a refund of the purchase price minus 199.00 € for the licence and 159.00 € for unlocking the RexXer.
- The RexXer is not in flawless condition? We will check what is defective at the time of return and inform you of the reduction in value.
- What can the RexXer EVO "User" do besides flashing?
The RexXer EVO also features various diagnostic & maintenance functions:
Reading out and resetting error codes
Reset service display
Reset TPS / throttle potentiometer
Reset sensor parameters
Manually lean or grease the mixture in the lower speed range (CO trimming)
Reset APS / air pressure sensor
Not all diagnostic & maintenance functions are available for every ECU type, here you will find a detailed and up-to-date overview.p>
- How many mappings can be stored in the memory of the RexXer EVO "User" for a vehicle at the same time?
The RexXer EVO "User" allows you to store up to 5 modified mappings in addition to the original data set.