RexXer ECU Tuning
So far the most applied method for adjusting the fuelling map of a bike is the installation of an auxiliary module. With this approach the user must consider the following criteria:
- Complex installation at vehicles with lining.
- The installation of additional hardware means that there is more possible sources of error.
- The auxiliary module is dependent on the signals that the original ECU receives. This causes a timedelay (even if only milliseconds) between the signal receivers and the information received by the auxiliary module (injection nozzles, butterfly valve potentiometer, etc.). Thus 100% optimal mapping is not attainable.
- An influencing control on injection timing and Spark Advance in "real time" is not possible.
- When increasing the rev limiter by means of an auxiliary module it is not possible to redefine the fuelling, which can lead to fuelling problems and preignition. These parameters are copied from the rev limit of the original map into the inreased range. Therefore the increased rev range is not mapped to attain optimal performance.
- There is no possibility to deactivate or modify the parameters of the Lambda probe.
- The exhaust-valve control cannot be deactivated.
With the RexXer all of the above issues are solved whilst offering a simple but effectve remapping of the ECU.
Up to now it was not possible to modify the fuelling map on your bike without using a tuning box module. The RexXer now enables you to repgrogramme the stock ECU in 3 steps to swap the original map with a
"tuning-map" that simply uploads into the standard ECU via the diagnostic plug. By using the Rexer you don't have to mount a module which remains on the bike.
2) readout the original Map
3) Upload the tuning map - finished!
If you have the new RexXer, as of now you no longer need a new expensive ECU!
Just read the current mapping by connecting the RexXer with your diagnostic plug and reprogram the stock ECU by using a "tuning-map". To achieve optimal performance gains of the injection system a combination of aftermarket silencers with a performance air filter and a RexXer fuelling map is needed. Only with combining the above will you get the best results in torque and performance!
The RexXer also offers the following functions:
- Reading and resetting error codes
- Reset Service alarm
- CO trimming
- TPS setup
- Reset autoadaptive parameters
RexXer „User“ using Siemens M3C / Mitsubishi Melco type-ECU
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We wish to inform you that when using the RexXer „User“ with the Siemens ECU M3C for the Ducati models Monster 696/796/1100 + EVO (all versions) and Hypermotard 796/1100 EVO SP (all versions) and the Melco Mitsubishi ECU, as used for the Ducati MTS1200 (all versions), Diavel (all versions) and 1199 Panigale (all versions), you cannot read the standard mapping by using the OBD plug, because these types of ECU do not allow this function. The RexXer „User“ reads only a dummy includes the serial number which is stored in the ECU, to get's the access.
However, we can read all standard mappings of the affected models with a special process to be able to provide these files for free when buying a RexXer „User“ to play back if the standard file is needed in the future. This must then be written to the RexXer „User“ and programmed to the ECU after in the same way as a tuning-mapping. Full instructions of this operation are now included in the delivery content of the appropriate models!
Due to this, the RexXer „User“ cannot be automatically unlocked by the customers themselves, as was the case for previous ECU types in the past. If the RexXer „User“ is to be used for a different model, the standard mapping must first be played on to the ECU, as mentioned earlier and then the unit must be sent to the dealer or directly to Daniele Moto International. We will unlock the device free of charge and send it back within 15-20 working days to the customer.
ECM Titanium Map-Editor application video